As taken from the St Michael's homework policy, year 2 homework will consist of the following:
- Reading with an adult: Daily, recorded in reading record
- Spellings practise for a Spelling Test ('Quiz'): Weekly, available online each Wednesday, for testing the following Thursday
- Brain Builder: Per Half Term (see dates on the policy)
- Times Tables Rockstars: To start after October half term
- Maths number facts and times table tasks: Online weekly
The Brain Builder book is the only homework required to be sent back in to school and although you do not need to send in spelling practise or the maths task in we are always keen to hear of any successes during learning at home and always love it when the children share any work with us they are especially proud of.
We do look in every child's reading record on their reading day so please continue to record regular reading as it is useful for us to see how they are getting on at home. Many thanks.
Please read the recently updated homework policy for guidance
and expectations for year 2 homework.
The weekly spellings are updated each Wednesday for a test the following Thursday. Regular practice will support the children in their test. Thank you!
Each week there will be a look, cover, write, check sheet you can use at home or you might want to take a look at the strategies sheet to find different ways you can learn spellings with your child.
Maths home work section
Please try to complete these Maths homework activities, however there is not a requirement to send back into school.
Please find Maths homework 1 and 2 for you to choose to cover with your child. We have covered capacity and mental arithmetic this week.